Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Supervised by: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Supervises: Program, Event, and General Volunteers
Job Classification: Non-Exempt Full-Time Employee – scheduled 40 hours per week. Compensation commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package, including fully paid health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation & wellness time, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Purpose of Position: Maintain a positive, robust, healthy volunteer program at Girls Inc. by engaging volunteers in a meaningful way.
- Periodically evaluate and assess the organization’s volunteer needs and capacity
- Refine, maintain and implement a volunteer program to serve program, development, and general organizational needs
- Recruit, screen & interview volunteers; match skills to volunteer positions available
- Cultivate relationships with current, prospective, and prior volunteers
- Implement & consistently update/revise a training program for volunteers
- Oversight and evaluation of individual volunteers where appropriate
- Periodic re-evaluation of volunteer program with supervisor and program team
- Revise and maintain volunteer handbook
- Collaborate with program and development team to expand offerings (possibly future internships)
- Maintain volunteer records (e.g. document volunteer hours; contact records in Salesforce)
- Recognize and award volunteers for service
- Create and maintain a participant alumni engagement plan for the organization
- Attend and/or create events that help the organization, community, and volunteer involvement
- Participate in development events and fundraisers
- Keep volunteers informed, and convey the organization’s purpose to the public
- Other administrative and coordination duties as assigned
Participate in personal professional development.
- Participates in periodic assessment of own performance and developing individual performance goals and objectives in consultation with supervisor
- Takes initiative to seek training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities to ensure effective job performance
- Participates in Girls Inc. affiliate network functions, groups, and online learning opportunities as agreed upon with the Executive Director, and represents Girls Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Special consideration may be given for equivalent experience and personal qualifications in lieu of a degree.
- Skill in working with a diverse group of people, ability to facilitate cooperative work, good at building relationships
- Show appreciation for a philanthropic culture that values volunteers’ contributions
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and evaluate programs or activities
- Experience with databases, spreadsheets, and technology as a tool
- Ability to communicate with groups and individuals to foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem solving, and decision making.
- Willing to work evenings and Saturdays as (rarely) required.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an employee assigned to the job.
Girls Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. GISF does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran’s status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, political belief or any other characteristic protected by law, and selects the most qualified candidate without regard to these factors.
To apply for this position, submit your resume, cover letter, and references to us directly through Bamboo HR – Click HERE to APPLY!