Current Open Positions:
Position Title: 2024 Summer Program Facilitator
Reports to: Program Manager and Director of Programs
Supervises: Program participants- girls ages 5 – 14 years old
Job Classification: Seasonal – scheduled 40 hours per week. (May 20th – August 2nd)
Compensation: Hourly rate of $17+, Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Summer Program Facilitator works directly with the Program Manager to provide Girls Inc. programming to girls and young people during the summer program. The Summer Program Facilitator ensures that all programs are purposeful, grounded in best practices, and beneficial to all girls and their families. Summer Program Facilitators are expected to follow all guidelines, policies, and protocols established by Girls Inc., take direction from the Program Manager and Director of Programs, and adhere to an approved schedule.
● Implement researched/evidence-based programs for participants.
● Utilize Girls Inc. program materials to empower girls and young people, with an emphasis on their developmental needs.
● Develop, submit, and implement program plans, activities, and projects in required program areas that develop new knowledge, skills and attitudes.
● Be responsible for the physical and emotional safety of participants at all times, including transporting them safely to and from activity sites.
● Provide the characteristics of a Girls Inc. environment: a setting that is positive, supportive, inclusive, equitable, democratic, safe, age-appropriate, and pro-girl.
● Create and maintain positive relationships with girls, guardians/parents, and GISF staff through effective communication.
● Implement and advocate for all GISF policies and procedures and explain them to guardians/parents, and girls.
● Assist girls with resolving conflicts utilizing GISF Conflict Resolution Policies.
● Function as part of the GISF team, participate in program staff training and meetings and work collaboratively with other staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
● Work experience with youth or related fields.
● Skill in working with a diverse group of people; ability to facilitate cooperative work.
● Skill in leadership and community action.
● Ability to communicate with groups and individuals to foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
● Ability to facilitate programs responsive to the needs and interests of girls and youth.
● Commitment to the mission of “inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.”
● Display personal and professional behavior suitable for youth, parents, and staff, including appropriate dress and self-presentation.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an employee assigned to the job.
Girls Inc. of Santa Fe is an equal-opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. GISF encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, and veterans are all strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, submit your resume, cover letter, and references to us directly through Bamboo HR – Click HERE to APPLY!
Thank you for your interest in working for Girls Inc. of Santa Fe and being a part of inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold!