Position Title: Program Facilitator
Reports to: Program Manager and Director of Programs
Supervises: Program participants- girls ages 5-18 years old
Job Classification: Non-Exempt Full-Time Employee – scheduled 40 hours per week.
Purpose of Position: The Program Facilitator works directly with the Program Manager to provide Girls Inc. programming to girls at various locations, including our Hillside Center, and in Santa Fe Public Schools. The Program Facilitator ensures that all programs are purposeful, grounded in best practices, and beneficial to all girls and their families. Program Facilitators are expected to follow all guidelines, policies, and protocols established by Girls Inc., take direction from the Program Manager and Director of Programs and adhere to an approved schedule.
Compensation: Hourly rate of $18+, Compensation commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package, including fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation & wellness time.
Application Instructions: Submit your resume and complete the application here.
- Implement programs for girls and teens at various locations in the community.
- Utilize Girls Inc. program materials to empower girls, with emphasis on the developmental needs of Santa Fe girls.
- Recruit new participants to the programs.
- Work directly with outside groups on special projects, such as field trips, workshops, and career development.
Create and maintain a safe, nurturing, girl-centered environment:
- Develop, submit, and implement program plans, activities, and projects in required program areas that develop new knowledge, attitudes, or skills for girls that are age-appropriate and intentional.
- Be responsible for the physical and emotional safety of the girls at all times, including transporting girls safely to and from activity sites. Supervise girls during program activities and field trips.
- Provide the characteristics of a Girls Inc. environment: a setting that is positive, supportive, inclusive, equitable, democratic, safe, age-appropriate, and girl-centered.
- Realize Girls Inc.’s programming goals for girls, which include: empowerment, boundaries and expectations, constructive use of time, commitment to learning, developing positive values, building social competencies, and developing a positive identity.
- Inform the Program Manager about programming concerns, safety issues, and any concerns about girls or their guardians/parents.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with girls, guardians/parents, school personnel, and GISF staff through effective communication. Act as a resource to parents and school staff, including addressing questions or behavioral concerns.
- Keep up to date with changing interests and developmental needs of girls. Work with the Program Manager and utilize resources such as girls themselves, appropriate staff and program volunteers, and Girls Inc. program initiatives to implement a coordinated program that meets the needs of girls.
- Implement and advocate for all GISF policies and procedures and explain them to school staff, guardians/parents, and girls.
- Assist girls with resolving conflicts utilizing GISF Conflict Resolution Policies.
- Function as part of the GISF team, participate in program staff training and meetings and work collaboratively with other staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Arrange for necessary materials, equipment, and food for programming.
- Assist with reports, evaluations, data entry, and scheduling. Track attendance for programs, and fill out and maintain all required reports, logs, and forms.
Participation in Professional Development:
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance and development of individual performance goals and objectives in consultation with the Program Manager and Director of Programs.
- Take the initiative to seek training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities to ensure effective job performance.
- Participate in Girls Inc.’s regional and national functions as agreed upon with the Director of Programs and CEO, and represent Girls Inc. in a positive and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology, or sociology preferred. Special consideration may be given for equivalent experience and personal qualifications in lieu of a degree.
- Work experience with youth or related fields.
- Skill in working with a diverse group of people; ability to facilitate cooperative work.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a wide range of program topics.
- Ability to communicate with groups and individuals to foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Ability to implement programs responsive to the needs and interests of girls.
- Commitment to the mission of “inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.”
- An embodiment of the characteristics of Girls Inc. program staff: role model, mentor, advocate, effective communicator, mission-oriented, organized, creative, responsible, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, inclusive, knowledgeable, and respectful.
- Display personal and professional behavior suitable for girls, parents, and staff, including appropriate dress and self-presentation.
- Available and willing to work evenings and Saturdays as required.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an employee assigned to the job.
Girls Inc. of Santa Fe is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. GISF encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, and veterans are all strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, submit your application, resume, and references to us directly through Bamboo HR – Click HERE to APPLY!