Position Title: Program Facilitator
Supervised by: Program Manager and Director of Programs
Job Classification: Non-Exempt Full-Time Employee or Part-Time
Compensation: Hourly rate of $18+, depending on experience and qualifications. Full-time employee benefits include medical and dental insurance coverage for employees as well as paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. Part-time benefits include prorated vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Application Instructions: Submit cover letter and resume here: https://girlsincofsantafe.bamboohr.com/careers/33
Purpose of Position: The Program Facilitator works directly with the Program Manager to provide Girls Inc. programming to girls at various locations, including our Hillside Center and in Santa Fe Public Schools. The Program Facilitator ensures that all programs are purposeful, grounded in best practice, and beneficial to all girls and their families. Program Facilitators are expected to follow all guidelines, policies, and protocols established by Girls Inc., take direction from the Program Manager and Director of Programs, and adhere to an approved schedule.
- Implement programs for girls and teens at various locations in the community.
- Utilize Girls Inc. program materials to empower girls, with emphasis on the developmental needs of Santa Fe girls.
- Recruit new participants to the programs.
- Work directly with outside groups on special projects, such as field trips, workshops and career development.
Create and maintain a safe, nurturing, girl-centered environment:
- Develop, submit and implement program plans, activities and projects in required program areas that develop new knowledge, attitudes or skills for girls and that are age appropriate and intentional.
- Be responsible for the physical and emotional safety of the girls at all times, including transporting girls safely to and from activity sites. Supervise girls during program activities and field trips.
- Provide the characteristics of a Girls Inc. environment: a setting that is positive, supportive, inclusive, equitable, democratic, safe, age-appropriate, girl-centered.
- Realize Girls Inc. programming goals for girls, which include: empowerment, boundaries and expectations, constructive use of time, commitment to learning, developing positive values, building social competencies, and developing positive identity.
- Inform the Program Manager about programming concerns, safety issues, and any concerns about girls or their guardians/parents.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with girls, guardians/parents, school personnel and GISF staff through effective communication. Act as a resource to parents and school staff, including addressing questions or behavioral concerns.
- Keep up to date with changing interests and developmental needs of girls. Work with Program Manager and utilize resources such as girls themselves, appropriate staff and program volunteers and Girls Inc. program initiatives to implement a coordinated program which meets the needs of girls.
- Implement and advocate for all GISF policies and procedures and explain them to school staff, guardians/parents and girls.
- Assist girls with resolving conflicts utilizing GISF Conflict Resolution Policies.
- Function as part of the GISF team, participate in program staff trainings/meetings, and work collaboratively with other staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Arrange for necessary materials, equipment and food for programming.
- Assist with reports, evaluations, data entry, and scheduling. Track attendance for programs, fill out and maintain all required reports, logs and forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Participate in personal professional development:
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance and development of individual performance goals and objectives in consultation with the Program Manager and Director of Programs.
- Take initiative to seek training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities to ensure effective job performance.
- Participate in Girls Inc. regional and national functions as agreed upon with the Director of Programs and CEO, and represent Girls Inc. in a positive and professional manner.
- Bachelors Degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology, sociology preferred. Special consideration may be given for equivalent experience and personal qualifications in lieu of a degree.
- Work experience with youth or related field.
- Skill in working with a diverse group of people; ability to facilitate cooperative work.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a wide range of program topics.
- Ability to communicate with groups and individuals to foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem solving, and decision making.
- Ability to implement programs responsive to the needs and interests of girls.
- Commitment to the mission of “inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.”
- Embodiment of the characteristics of Girls Inc. program staff: role model, mentor, advocate, effective communicator, mission oriented, organized, creative, responsible, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, inclusive, knowledgeable, and respectful.
- Display personal and professional behavior suitable for girls, parents, and staff, including appropriate dress and self-presentation.
- Available and willing to work evenings and Saturdays as required.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
Girls Inc. of Santa Fe has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Reasonable accommodation for medical or religious exemption will be considered.
Girls Inc. of Santa Fe does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran’s status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, political belief or any other characteristic protected by law.