The Girls Inc. Gala is April 4th and we need volunteers to help make it a success! Please click here to learn more and be taken to the online sign-up.
There are many ways you can help inspire the girls of Santa Fe to be strong, smart, and bold.1. Program – Working with the girls at our sites and with outreach. Requires a tour, filling out an application, a phone interview, an in-person interview, a $15 non-refundable background check, and a 2 to 3 hour training.
2. Mentoring – Similar to Program, but with extra training and requires applicants to have a schedule that can allow them to spend a fair amount of time with our girls in the afternoons and possibly during weekend field trips.
3. Interning and Youth Volunteering – This is a position between the ages of 13 to 17 who are interested in learning about volunteering in their community and getting job readiness skills. All applicants will need to fill out an application, come in for an interview. Youth Program Volunteer applicants and Interns will need to attend a training. Office applicants do not need to attend a training.
4. Office – Helping with mailings, filing, and other various office jobs. Does not require a background check or training.
5. Data Entry – Inputting information into our databases. Will require a background check due to access to sensitive information.
6. Events – Helping with our various event throughout the year in various capacities. This includes, but is not limited to: The Girls Inc. Gala, tabling events, and clean-up days.
7. Policy Advocacy – Being a voice for girls and Girls Inc. when the need arises. May involve last minute requests, so a flexible schedule and a positive personality are helpful but not required.
We have volunteer opportunities in all departments of our organization including administrative support, garden and grounds maintenance, and mentoring and tutoring girls.
We hold your interest in our programs with the highest regard and look forward to finding the best fit for you here at Girls Inc. of Santa Fe.
Please take a few moments to think about how you would like to support our mission as you fill out the volunteer application below. We will work closely with you so that you may apply your skill set to find the best fit for you here! Please note that our volunteer opportunities will shift during the year and may even enter slow phases.
Program Volunteer positions are limited. Please note that participating Program Volunteers will be required to pay a $15.00 fee to cover a mandatory background check. You will also be required to attend a tour, have a phone interview, an in-person interview, and attend a mandatory Girls Inc. training that can be up to 3 hours long.
If you have questions about becoming a volunteer, please feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Julia Gay directly at email@example.com or by calling our offices at 505-982-2042.
Fill out the online application below!