Are you looking for ways to support your community while helping inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold? Then volunteering with Girls Inc. of Santa Fe may be a great opportunity for you!
There are many ways you can help: Events, Office/Administrative, Advocacy, and Programs and Mentoring!
Ideal Events Volunteers:
– Are social and friendly.
– Can think on their feet.
– Are willing and able to commit to longer shifts during all-day events and evening events that happen weekends and weekdays.
Ideal Administrative Volunteers:
– Are detail-oriented.
– Can follow multi-step directions.
– Have a familiarity with technology, databases, and computers – this is primarily for database entry opportunities.
– Are able to pass a $15 non-refundable background check. This only applies to administrative volunteers who are handling sensitive information.
Ideal Advocacy Volunteers:
– Have a passion for our mission of inspiring girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
– Feel comfortable talking to strangers and politicians through email, the phone, or in-person.
– Can be available to help on a last minute notice during the legislative session.
Ideal Program/Mentoring Candidates:
– Believe in our mission of inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
– Have an understanding of diverse populations and cultural competency.
– Can commit a minimum of 1 hour a month. Mentoring may require a multi-day, weekly commitment of 3 hours or more with some weekend commitments.
– Are available weekdays sometime between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
– Are comfortable being silly and playing games.
– Are comfortable in loud, busy environments.
– Are able to: attend a tour, have an interview, pass a $15 non-refundable background check, and attend a 2 to 3-hour training (possibly more if you are a mentor).
We receive a high number of applications for volunteers who want to work with the girls and positions are limited. Not everyone who applies will be accepted.
We hold your interest in our organization with the highest regard and look forward to finding the best fit for you here at Girls Inc. of Santa Fe. Please take a few moments to think about how you would like to support our mission as you fill out the volunteer application below. We will work closely with you so that you may apply your skill set to find the best fit!
Please email Julia Gay, our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or are inquiring about court-ordered community service. You can also call her at 505-982-2042, ext. 103.
Fill out the online application below!