Do you have administrative wizardry skills? Are you interested in a 24 hour/week part-time (with potential to ultimately become a full-time) position in a fun, supportive youth-serving non-profit environment? Can you multi-task while assuring that you are attentive to details? If so, we think we have the ideal job for you at Girls Inc. of Santa Fe.
We are searching for a part-time administrative superstar who can assist us in the areas of operations, finance and fundraising. Help keep us organized by ensuring that our hardworking staff have the resources they need to do their work, that donations are accurately entered in our database and supporters are thanked in a timely fashion, that our bookkeeper has documentation she needs to pay invoices and generate payroll, that our files are organized in a way that ensures that important information is easily accessible, and that phone calls and e-mails from the public are quickly routed to the proper staff person for assistance. The overarching goal of our operations, finance and fundraising work is to make sure that GISF’s amazing staff, girls and their families, board members and donors always feel valued and supported. We are proud of our family-friendly and healthy work culture, which includes pro-rated vacation and sick leave and paid holidays for part-time staff.
If you are team-oriented, friendly, have an awesome sense of humor and terrific communication skills, are flexible and a self-starter, are comfortable “managing up” when needed, and are skilled at keeping your eyes on both the forest AND the trees, please send a cover letter and resume to us at HR@girlsincofsantafe.org.
Full job description is below. Hourly rate is $18+, depending on experience and skills.
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Supervised by: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Philanthropy Officer
Compensation: This is a 24 hour per week, part-time position with potential to develop into a full-time position. Part-time position benefits include pro-rated vacation and sick leave and paid holidays. Hourly rate of $18+, depending on experience and qualifications.
Purpose of Position: Provide administrative support in the areas of operations/finance and fundraising for our 66-year-old youth-serving organization with a family-friendly and healthy work culture.
• Enter donations into Salesforce database.
• Produce and mail donor acknowledgment letters in timely manner.
• Generate reports as requested.
• Assist with mailings and special events.
• Support development department as needed.
• Ensure that bookkeeper has documentation necessary to pay invoices and reconcile debit card purchases.
• Collect and review hourly staff bi-weekly timesheets for accuracy so that bookkeeper can prepare payroll.
• Make bank deposits and mail payments to vendors; ensure that backup for deposits and paid invoices is filed on a timely basis.
• Assist with monthly reconciliation of Quickbooks and Salesforce donation records.
• Ensure that in-kind donations are formally documented and entered into Salesforce and that this information is provided to bookkeeper for entry into Quickbooks as well.
• Assist COO with gathering of information needed to prepare annual budget and for ongoing monitoring of current year’s budget vs actual income/expense.
• Assist COO and bookkeeper with preparation for annual audit.
• Facilities & equipment management: Coordinate with service providers (copier/pest control/HVAC and heating/alarm system etc.) for needed service/repairs at Marcy St. administrative office and Hillside program center. Purchase office and janitorial supplies. Assist with renewal of van registrations. Research equipment, supplies, vendors, competitive pricing as requested.
• IT assistance: Communicate with external IT consultant about scheduling necessary servicing of staff laptops and other network issues that need to be addressed. Manage VOIP phone system updates including greetings and assignment of extensions. Maintain computer asset list.
• HR assistance: Update and distribute staff and board contact info lists. Assist COO with ensuring that we have easily accessible and up-to-date job descriptions for all positions at GISF. Assist staff and board with accessing National GI’s Learning Central website. Update and distribute staff PTO spreadsheets.
• General office support: Update letterhead to reflect board/staff changes. Calendar meetings and events, including invitations and reminders, as needed. Prepare, compile, and disseminate materials for meetings and set up rooms for in-person meetings as requested. Provide front desk support including answering phones, routing calls and greeting visitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Administrative wizardry skills. Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
• Excellent sense of humor and positive can-do attitude.
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Solutions oriented with logical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to envision new ways of doing things that create more efficiency.
• Technologically savvy and experienced with MS Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Google docs and e-mail.
• Comfortable doing data entry; Salesforce experience is a big plus.
• Excellent project management skills and an ability to organize and prioritize work; flexible self-starter who can multitask while also being highly attentive to details.
• Willingness to pitch in with assistance to any/all departments.
• Integrity and a commitment to Girl’s Inc. mission.
• Discretion and confidentiality.
Work Environment: Team-oriented, friendly, and fun environment with supportive colleagues. Professional development of our staff is a high priority. Some flexibility with scheduling of weekday hours.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.