Girls Inc. is currently hiring for Development Coordinator position.
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Supervised by: Development Director
Supervises: Girls Inc. of Santa Fe Volunteers
Job Classification: Exempt Full time employee, scheduled 40+ hours per week
Purpose of Position: In collaboration with the Development Director assist in the execution of all activities detailed in the Girls Inc. of Santa Fe (GISF) Fund Development Plan to reach annual fundraising goals.
The coordinator is responsible for three core functions: managing all gift transactions and maintaining current records in the Girls Inc. database; managing the agencies volunteer program and providing logistical support for agency fundraising activities and events.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Develop, implement and manage Girls Inc. of Santa Fe volunteer program
- Manage the database system, process and reports to ensure all gifts, grants, volunteers and prospects are entered into the eTapestry database and recognized appropriately according to GISF policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the distribution of GISF solicitation and information materials via direct mail and online channels.
- Manage and maintain the GISF website and social media sites and campaigns.
- Manage the development and implement the GISF volunteer program to include: recruitment, application, and placement process, training, monitoring and recognition in collaboration with appropriate GISF staff and according to GISF Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Development Director provide logistical support for GISF fundraising activities and events including marketing and communication activities, ticket and sponsorship solicitation, venue management, in-kind donation requests and management of outside vendors
- Carry out other administrative tasks and duties as assigned by Development or Executive Directors.
- Represent the agency at community events and programs
- Act as a team player in the support of all GISF program activities and events
This position has qualified decision-making authority:
- Initial drafts for development and communications plans, activities, donor communications, events, public communications to be reviewed and include input from the Development Director and/or Executive Director as appropriate.
- Asserts the need to incorporate new trends in fund raising, marketing, and communications strategies such as social networking.
- Has authority to submit budget-approved purchase requests for under $250 without approval from Development Director. Submits purchase requests of $250 or more, or any amount not in the approved budget, to the Development Director.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent and documented communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Self-starter, able to work well independently and in a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be tech savvy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher; Adobe and Quick Books
- Ability to work evenings/weekends when necessary
- Strong written communication skills, ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Proficiency with donor databases, tracking, and management, familiarity with eTapestry and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, and handle multiple assignments
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, public relations, special events or related fields
Disclaimer: The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to hiring@girlsincofsantafe.